Bring your Junior and Senior High Schoolers on one trip to Appalachia with programming uniquely designed for youth 6th through 12th grade with adult leaders.
Types of Projects
ASP projects cover a wide range of construction skill sets, so we can find something for your group regardless of experience. We'll pair your crew with a project that fits your needs and comfort level.
- Drywall – Drywall projects can be ceiling repair, wall repair, or part of a room addition.
- Siding – Repairing existing siding or installing new siding weatherizes a home from the elements, making it more efficient and reducing utility costs for homeowners.
- Floors and Foundations – Ensuring floors are sturdy makes homes safer, giving families the ability to make better use of their space.
- Porches and Ramps – Building and restoring porches and ramps make homes accessible for residents for both daily and emergency use.
- Roofing – Installing roof covering can lead to significant improvements, mitigating damage caused by leaks.
Each summer, ASP serves 20-30 communities across Central Appalachia. Our Combined trips are hosted in one of these facilities, to be announced each spring. ASP typically leases schools, churches, or community centers to serve as summer centers.See a typical ASP facility here
- Minimum group size is one work crew (5-7 individuals)
- All youth volunteers must have completed 6th through completed 12th grade
- Each work crew needs at least 2 adults 19+
- All adults must have a completed background check
- Groups must provide their own transportation. Each work crew needs their own vehicle.
- ASP believes that each person is a child of God, imbued with dignity and worth. All are welcome to respectfully and peacefully participate with ASP, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Mission Trip Dates
ASP Summer Program offers volunteer opportunities from the beginning of June through the beginning of August. Groups arrive Sunday afternoon and depart Saturday morning.
- Week 1 – June 13-19, 2021
- Week 2 – June 20-26, 2021
- Week 3 – June 27-July 3, 2021
- Week 4 – June 4-10, 2021 – Discounted rate of $325/person
- Week 5 – June 11-17, 2021
- Week 6 – July 18-24, 2021
- Week 7 – July 25-31, 2021
- Week 8 – August 1-7, 2021
Mission fees include:
- Hot breakfast & dinner
- Supplies to pack lunches for worksites
- Building materials
- Staff oversight and guidance
- Regional education
- Faith based programming
- Life-transforming experience!
Warmer. Safer. Drier.®
Who is ASP?
Warmer. Safer. Drier.®
ASP volunteers provide high quality home repair for Appalachian families
ASP volunteers and families develop life-long relationships
Everyone who comes into contact with this ministry is transformed
“I like feeling that I have served grateful people in need. Possibly more important, ASP provides an opportunity for youth to experience the joy of serving in a culture different than their own alongside other youth who desire to serve.”David AbbottAdult Volunteer
“I came hoping to bless others, and left feeling as through I was the one that was blessed.”Riley DavisYouth Volunteer
“They are a blessing. Wonderful people, with such love. i will never forget them or forget what they've done for me. God bless each and every person involved in ASP. I know they make Him proud and He is smiling at them. Thank you!”Della IssacsHomeowner
Thinking about leading a group? Find out what it takes to plan and execute a trip with ASP and see all the resources available to help!Learn More
Junior High and Middle School Trips
Give your young students a unique service experience of their ownLearn More