Critical Home Repair and Replacement. Transformational Relationships.
- Making homes warmer, safer, and drier for Appalachian families
- Providing critical repairs to raise homes out of substandard condition
- Building new homes in select locations when homes are beyond repair or affected by a disaster
- Establishing meaningful, long-lasting relationships with homeowners, fellow volunteers, and staff
- Empowering youth and adult volunteers to take on high-impact home repairs
- Emphasizing service through mission trips for youth and adults of all ages, backgrounds, and skill levels
2021 Flooding in Kentucky
ASP is going to respond to this flood, in the rebuilding and recovery efforts. Right now, we are meeting with officials and assessing how we might best fit in with local authorities on the ground.
COVID-19 Volunteer Procedures
Read the most up to date volunteer guidelines and procedures.
ASP Anti-Racism Initiatives
Register for Summer 2021
Summer Staff 2021
Become a Helping Hand Volunteer
Use your construction skills to support ASP volunteers
- More than 25 communities are served by ASP each year
- More than 350 families are impacted through ASP each year
- More than 3,000 repair projects are completed by volunteers each year
- More than 20 new homes are built and gifted each year
- More than 15,000 volunteers serve with ASP each year
- ASP repairs roofs, walls, floors, foundations, and bathrooms, in addition to making homes accessible through porch and ramp repairs or additions
See ASP's Impact
See ASP's Impact
The ASP Experience
Appalachia Service Project provides one of the most rewarding structured service opportunities in the nation — bringing thousands of volunteers from around the country to Central Appalachia to repair and replace homes for low-income families.
Since 1969, we’ve made homes warmer, safer, and drier for families and provided transformational service experiences for volunteers.
Connect with ASP
Find Your Perfect Mission Trip
Let's serve together! Mission trips for all ages and skill levels; find the trip that best fits your group.Learn More
Work for ASP
Seasonal employment opportunities are available for passionate young adults through Summer Staff or our year-long Fellowship.Learn More