Use your construction skills to build new homes for families in Central Appalachia.
Types of Projects
ASP's new homes are completed in part by our staff with subcontractors, and we utilize skilled volunteers for some key tasks, including:
- Flooring and Trim
- Porches and Ramps
ASP is able to build new homes in specific locations based on funding sources and maintains a goal to expand the program across our region.
- Northeast Tennessee – New homes in the Tri-Cities area
- Hancock County, Tennessee – This area is consistently ranked one of the most distressed counties in the state, ASP will be focusing efforts in 2020 to boost this area
- Minimum group size is one work crew (5-7 individuals)
- Skilled adult volunteers preferred
- All adults must have a completed background check
- Groups must provide their own transportation. Each work crew needs their own vehicle.
- ASP believes that each person is a child of God, imbued with dignity and worth. All are welcome to respectfully and peacefully participate with ASP, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Race to Build Event
Race to Build is an annual event in April when Appalachia Service Project partners with the Bristol Motor Speedway during the Food City 500 NASCAR race. Three teams of university construction management students come together and compete to build three homes in three days, for three families in the Tri-Cities region.Learn More
Warmer. Safer. Drier.®
Who is ASP?
Warmer. Safer. Drier.®
ASP volunteers provide high quality home repair for Appalachian families
ASP volunteers and families develop life-long relationships
Everyone who comes into contact with this ministry is transformed
“Wonderful program and wonderful people! A true blessing to this area.”Rebecca CrawfordCommunity Member
“A wonderful way to help some of the kindest people you will ever meet in this great country. Either helping by funding, or even better, serving in person. You come back a much better person.”Karen DomanAdult Volunteer
“I'm an advocate of helping others in need, and this offers a chance to let others know that they can make a difference in someone's life.”Linda KlecknerAdult Volunteer
Serve as an individual and use your construction expertise to accomplish skilled repair projectsLearn More