At ASP, we love our staff alumni! This amazing group of people has spent one or more summers (and/or years) going above and beyond for homeowners, volunteers, and the communities we serve. Alumni, if you are looking for ways to stay connected and engage with ASP, this is your space!
ASP staffers go out to become leaders in their communities and career sectors. This is a powerful community to network with, so we encourage you to use the following online resources to your advantage.
Want to give back to an organization that changed your life? There are numerous ways you can engage with summer staffers and ASP as a whole, to help ASP continue to develop the next generation of community leaders and serve families in Central Appalachia.
Where in the world are ASP Staff Alumni?
This is one of our primary modes of communication with staff alumni. Feel free to share articles or job opportunities, or post about your latest home repair project. Looking for a job or contact in a particular field? Post in this group to find out who you might connect with.
Current Job: Data Scientist at Lexmark in Lexington, Kentucky
Positions at ASP: Volunteer Coordinator in Magoffin KY 2018 and Cocke TN 2019, Center Director in Kanawha WV 2021
Question 1: What ASP skill do you use most in your daily life and/or career?
Communication. Listening well as someone shares progress on a project, asking good questions, problem solving, and communicating expectations are all skills I learned from group leader check-ins and staff meetings that I use every day.
Question 2: How did ASP impact how you approach your career or life calling?
My work now looks very different from an ASP summer, but I learned from staff how much I enjoy working on challenging problems, and that no matter what field you’re in, it’s important to build relationships with the people around you.
Question 3: What do you miss most about ASP staff?
Laughing about the day’s highs, lows, and awkwards with my staff.
Volunteering/ Helping Hands
- Bring a summer group or come during the year! We always welcome you back.
- Want to volunteer but don’t have a group? Past staffers make great helping hands so sign up to come HOSS a staff or volunteer group any time of year.
- HOSS: (v.) to help other staffers succeed; being flexible and available to support others
Adopt a Summer Staff
- Sign up as an individual or group to adopt a staff over the summer by sending care packages, gift cards, or notes/videos of encouragement.
- Follow the county Facebook pages to see updates from the staff on projects, fundraisers, and more. See the Center pages for county Facebook links.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to sign up.
- You know better than anyone that donations go a long way!
- Consider donating to a staff’s fundraiser throughout the summer, to ASP’s CCW fund, or to the general fund! Learn more about donating here.
- Help ASP continue serving families in Appalachia while also supporting the next generation of ASP staffers, who we all know go out to be incredible leaders across the country and world
Biannual Alumni Newsletter
- Coming Soon!
- It’s like the Blue Foam, but for alumni of all ages
- Alumni-specific updates on all things ASP
Have an engagement idea that you want to start up or see posted here? Email email@example.com
- Communication specific for Staff Alumni
- Fill out this survey and make sure your email is up to date.
- You can specify what type of involvement interests you the most and those are the emails that you will receive.