Merchandise, story gathering, writing, social media, photography, videography, and more! See our current internship offerings and find the best fit for your unique talents.
Story Gathering Interns work with our Advancement Department to capture and share the ASP story.
- Travel throughout our service area interviewing homeowners, volunteers, staff, and community members
- Share stories through pre-identified mediums, including but not limited to: writing, social media, photography, and videography
To apply for this position, email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Lyssa.Perry@ASPhome.org.
Assist the ASP Merchandise Task Force in the tracking and distribution of merchandise across a five-state service area during the summer.
- Inventory Control: Arrange and coordinate delivery of restocked merchandise, follow weekly inventory to track trends and anticipate needs, work with the Merchandise Task Force to identify reorders needed from distributor (Lakepointe)
- Distribution: Coordinate distribution with Ministries Program Managers and Support Staff for bi-weekly restocking of centers, travel to individual field locations to restock as needed
- Communication: Report on sales trends, outstanding staffs, tips, announcements, and additional communications each week in the curated weekly newsletter to summer staff, work with the Ministries Department to communicate any issues and needs that arise, communicate with volunteers/customers who have questions about merchandise or problems with their order
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and resume to Merchandise@ASPhome.org.
Where & When
Based in Johnson City, TN with travel throughout our service area.
ASP works in more than 20 communities throughout Central Appalachia each summer. ASP serves in Eastern Kentucky, Western North Carolina, East Tennessee, Southwestern Virginia, and Southern West Virginia.
- Mid-May – Participate in Summer Staff training in Jonesville, VA
- Last week of May through last week of July – Visit service area to complete individual responsibilities as staffers host 7 weeks of volunteers
- First week of August – Finish all summer projects, document summer reports, and complete employment
Who is ASP?
Warmer. Safer. Drier.®
ASP volunteers provide high quality home repair for Appalachian families
ASP volunteers and families develop life-long relationships
Everyone who comes into contact with this ministry is transformed
Warmer. Safer. Drier.®
“Traveling throughout our service area, gathering and sharing the thousands of stories of transformation and growth-- nothing better prepared me for my future career!”2017 Storygathering Intern
“My photography and videography skills were transformed as I fully immersed myself into capturing content every day for an entire summer.”2018 Content Development
“DO IT! It is the most life changing and love filled summer I have ever had.”2019 Staffer