ASP is hiring individuals to work as cooks, preparing hot meals for up to 60+ volunteers during the summer at various locations across Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Prepare 6 pre-planned evening meals (Sunday through Friday, with Thursday night off) and 5 morning meals (Monday through Friday) to be served to 45-50 people.
- Ensure that meals meet ASP’s set summer program menu and standards. Menu is standardized and geared toward simple and quick meal prep.
- Work with ASP Program Staff and local food distributors to order food for daily meals while staying within budget.
- Work with one or more other cooks to accomplish meal prep.
Terms and Conditions
- Sunday evening – Friday evening each week; Saturday (all day) and Thursday evenings are off.
- Each cook will be paid hourly, and will work no more than 66 hours per week collectively (maximum is 40hrs per week for one individual).
- Temporary Seasonal. Term is June 13- July 31st, 2021.
- Cook agrees to comply with all ASP COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- Pay will be determined based on cooking experience and qualifications.
Where & When
- First week of June through last week of July – Staffers host 7 weeks of volunteers
Apply to be a Seasonal Cook!
For more information or to express interest, reach out to Sam Lansinger and/or Kortney Bodge by emailing Hiring@ASPhome.org with your name and the location where you’re interested in working.
Who is ASP?
Warmer. Safer. Drier.®
ASP volunteers provide high quality home repair for Appalachian families
ASP volunteers and families develop life-long relationships
Everyone who comes into contact with this ministry is transformed